- . Distinguish between taxes that are proportional and those that are progressive.
1. Distinguish between taxes that are proportional and those that are progressive.
2. What is the difference between the Federal income tax on individuals and that imposed on corporations?
3. List an advantage and a disadvantage of using the U.S. Tax Court as the trial court for Federal tax litigation.
4. Where can you locate a published decision of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims?
- 5. Heather, age 12, lives in the same household with her mother, grandmother, and uncle.
- a. Who can qualify for the dependency exemption?
- b. Who takes preference?
6. What is the purpose of the constructive receipt doctrine?
7. Under what circumstances may a taxpayer deduct a rental loss associated with a vacation home?
8. Edna incurs various legal fees in obtaining a divorce. What type of expenses associated with the divorce are deductible by Edna and which are not?
9. Hubert, a self-employed taxpayer, is married and has two children. He has asked you to explain the tax and nontax advantages of creating a Health Savings Account (HSA) for him and his family.
10. What impact does a home equity loan have on taxable income?