- Capstone Project Milestone #3: Educating Staff: Implementing Change
The purpose of this assignment is to create the Educating Staff: Implementing Change Project PowerPoint presentation. Your plan is to educate the staff that will be involved in the pilot program. You will need to educate them on the problem, show the supporting evidence, and how your pilot plan will be implemented.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO2: Proposes leadership and collaboration strategies for use with consumers and other healthcare providers in managing care and/or delegating responsibilities for health promotion, illness prevention, health restoration and maintenance, and rehabilitative activities. (PO #2)
CO3: Communicates effectively with patient populations and other healthcare providers in managing the healthcare of individuals, families, aggregates, and communities. (PO #3)
CO7: Integrates the professional role of leader, teacher, communicator, and manager of care to plan cost-effective, quality healthcare to consumers in structured and unstructured settings. (PO #7)
Milestone #3 consists of the PowerPoint presentation Educating Staff: Implementing Change Project. Submit this Milestone to the Dropbox by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 6.
Milestone #3 is worth 200 points.
- 1. Create an educational presentation for staff before the launch of your change project. This should inform the staff of the problem, your potential solution, and their role in change project.
- 2. The format for this proposal will be a PowerPoint presentation.
- 3. The length of the PowerPoint presentation should be 15-20 slides; excluding the title and reference slides.
- 4. Below are the topics for the slides:
- a. Title slide
- b. Description of the change model used
- c. PICO question—include the elements
- d. Scope of the problem—use statistics
- e. Your team/stakeholders
- f. Evidence to support your need for change—from research
- g. Action Plan
- h. Timeline for the plan
- i. The nurses role and responsibility in the pilot program
- j. Procedure
- k. Forms that will be used (if applicable)
- l. Resources available to the staff—including yourself
- m. Summary
- n. References
- 5. Citations and References must be included to support the information within each topic area. Refer to the APA manual, Chapter 7, for examples of proper reference format. Citations are to be noted for all information contained in your paper that is not your original idea or thought. Ask yourself, “How do I know this?” and then cite the source. Scholarly sources are expected, which means choose peer-reviewed journals and credible websites.
- Application: Use Microsoft PowerPoint 2010.
- Length: The PowerPoint slide show is expected to be between 15-20 slides in length (not including the title slide and reference list slide).
- Submission: Submit your files via the basket in the Dropbox: “Educating the Staff: Implementing the Change Project” by 11:59 p.m. Sunday of Week 6.
- Late Submission: See the course policy on late submissions.
- Tutorial: If needed, Microsoft Office has many templates and tutorials to help you get started.
Best Practices in Preparing a PowerPoint Presentation
The following are best practices in preparing this project.
- 1. Slides should be easy to read with short bullet points and large font. Do not use paragraphs.
- 2. Be creative, but realistic with your intervention and evaluation tool.
- 3. Incorporate graphics, clip art, or photographs to increase interest.
- 4. Review directions thoroughly.
- 5. Cite all sources within the slide show with in-text citations, as well as a reference page.
- 6. Proofread prior to final submission.
- 7. Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
- 8. Abide by the Chamberlain College of Nursing academic integrity policy.